OACUBO Members can post their current job opening(s) within their College or University for up to 60 days. This is a great deal compared to the expense of advertising via newspaper or other online sites!
The cost to post a job opening is only $30 and is due upon submission of the job postings form as you will be automatically directed to PayPal. OACUBO only accepts credit card payments for this service. Your posting will be listed on this web page within 5-7 days of receipt.
Current Job Postings
Associate Controller/Director of Accounting Operations
SCHOOL: Wittenberg University
LEVEL OF EDUCATION DESIRED: College or University
The Business Office of Wittenberg University is seeking a highly motivated accounting/finance professional to join a successful team. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Finance & Administration/Controller, the Associate Controller/Director of Accounting Operations will facilitate timely, accurate reconciliations and internal/external financial reporting, manage annual audits and participate in the preparation of the University’s Federal 990 filings. This individual will also be responsible for Endowment Accounting, overseeing the University’s cash and asset management while helping to ensure the University operates efficiently and with sound business practices. Additional responsibilities will include participating in the annual budget process and acting as Business Office liaison to certain internal and external constituencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Managing general and subsidiary ledger accounting, financial statement preparation, sales tax submission and payment, and 941 review and submission.
- Overseeing the annual financial statement audit, footnote development and preparation of the 990.
- Supervising, hiring, and developing various employees regarding accounts payables and accounts receivables/student accounts.
- Handling monthly, quarterly, and annual cash management (AP/AR) and asset management (endowment/investments) operations.
- Planning and implementing FASB accounting standard updates.
- Overseeing PPE accounting and renewal/replacement cycle planning.
- Handling banking functions including wire/ACH transfers, fund transfers, capital calls, etc.
- Managing monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing schedules for general ledger purposes.
- Conducting operating cash-on-hand analyses.
- Participating as an active member of an effective and efficient team.
- Representing the University with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff, students and visitors with a professional image at all times.
- Collaborating with the AVP of Finance & Administration/Controller regarding budgeting, cash management and other financial matters.
- Performing other relevant duties as assigned such as special projects.
Requirements and additional information available on the job posting.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must apply online and submit their resume as either a PDF or Word Document at: http://wittenberg.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=136031.
Controller, Business and Finance
SCHOOL: Capital University
LEVEL OF EDUCATION DESIRED: College or University
Capital University’s division of Business and Finance is seeking candidates for its Controller position. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Business and Finance and is responsible for ensuring all financial transactions are accurately recorded on the books and records of the University. The Controller participates and oversees all internal and external financial reporting in addition to managing all aspects of the Finance Office workflow. This includes developing policies and procedures, setting goals and objectives, developing and monitoring office budget, and interaction with internal and external constituents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises, coordinates, and participates in preparing work papers and account analysis for annual external audit; prepares drafts of annual financial statement including external financial reporting to federal and state agencies, grant providers, accreditation agencies, and others requesting financial information.
- Directs and participates in recording of financial transactions and maintenance of all accounting records.
- Supervises and manages, with assistant of subordinate supervisors, all aspects of the Finance office overseeing flow of work, recommending budgets for the office, and ensuring deadlines.
- Participates in formulating and administering University and developmental policies.
- Establishes and reviews internal controls to ensure accuracy and integrity of accounting records.
- Communicates and coordinates account policies, practices, and procedures with department and university managers, vendors, reporting agencies, customers and the public.
- Respond to management and department requests for financial information, analysis and projections to management university committees and task forces, and the Board and its sub-committees.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and minimum 5-7 years accounting and financial reporting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience that includes planning and organizing work, setting goals and objectives, day-to-day employee management, assigning tasks and providing guidance and training and automating processes.
- CPA, public accounting and non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn PowerPoint, and Ellucian Colleague
Capital University is committed to increasing the diversity of the Capital community and curriculum. This commitment includes Capital’s dedication to the development of faculty and staff who are committed to inclusive practices in teaching, learning, working and all other campus and community interactions. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.
For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University offers a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, family education benefits, short-term and long-term disability, life and critical illness insurance and free parking.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must apply online and submit their resume at: https://capital.applicantpro.com/jobs/.