JOB POSTINGS RESOURCE
- For a minimal $30 fee, you can post your current job opening(s) within your College or University for up to 60 days. This is a great deal compared to the expense of advertising via newspaper or other online sites!
- To submit your current posting, please click on the link provided here and complete the form.
- The $30 fee will be due upon submission of form; you will be directed automatically to PayPal. OACUBO accepts credit card payment only for this service. Your posting will be listed on this web page within 5-7 days of receipt.
Director of Payroll and Payables
SCHOOL: Miami University
LEVEL OF EDUCATION DESIRED: College or University
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: A matrix reporting to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources and the Controller, the position will provide leadership and direction for efficiently, timely and accurate processing of payroll, accounts payable and tax-related payments.
- Leadership and supervisory responsibility for payroll and accounts payable staff, build/maintain successful cross-functional relationships (e.g. General Accounting, Human Resources)
- Manage the payroll and accounts payable related systems/modules for payment processing and develop/recommend continuous process improvement strategies to ensure accuracy and efficiency of the operation
- Identify best practices, benchmark and data/trends
- Establish and maintain strong internal controls relative to payroll transactions and the disbursement of university funds. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g. all applicable state, federal and foreign wage and hour and accounting laws)
- Oversee the development, implementing, maintaining and testing systems, procedures, and polices to effectively and efficiently account for payroll and payables transactions. Identify risk areas and take action to mitigate risk
- Maintain close working relationship with internal and external auditors regarding payroll, payables and payroll tax issues as necessary to accomplish the organization’s processing objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field and at least seven years of directly related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and develop recommendations/business case proposals
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, and advanced excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, formula functions etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- APA or related payroll or accounts payable professional certification
- Experience in higher education or public sector
FOR RESUME SUBMISSIONS: