OACUBO Members can post their current job opening(s) within their College or University for up to 60 days. This is a great deal compared to the expense of advertising via newspaper or other online sites!
The cost to post a job opening is only $30 and is due upon submission of the job postings form as you will be automatically directed to PayPal. OACUBO only accepts credit card payments for this service. Your posting will be listed on this web page within 5-7 days of receipt.
Current Job Postings
Director of Facilities Management
SCHOOL: Wittenberg University
LEVEL OF EDUCATION DESIRED: College or University
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Finance & Administration, the Director of Facilities Management has overall responsibility for coordinating facility operations at the University, including maintenance, grounds, and custodial services. This is a highly visible position which requires dealing with a wide range of complex and technical tasks that call for independent interpretation and decision-making skills.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare annual budget for the staffing and operation of University facilities with appropriate justifications for a staff of approximately 20 employees, facilities containing over 1,500,000 square feet of floor space, and over 100 acres of grounds, a 69KV electrical substation, and a portfolio of approximately 100 University-owned single-family and multi-family student housing properties.
- Maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish departmental functions while performing training and development for all departmental personnel.
- Manage contract with third-party provider of custodial services.
- Set priorities and manage projects to ensure appropriate care, maintenance, and improvement of all facilities, grounds, and related infrastructure.
- Coordinate acquisition of utility commodities through possible forward-purchase contracts, seeking the most competitive pricing while balancing market flexibility and University risk tolerance for approximately $2 million in annual spend.
- Ensure proper upkeep of all facilities including heating, ventilation, lighting and general building appearance.
- Maintain appropriate communication, goals, and performance assessment for all staff.
- Maintain record of deferred maintenance and prioritization of spending as well as the preparation of annual capital budget requests.
- Maintain a high level of communication between faculty, staff, students and direct reports.
- Maintain adequate records of costs for buildings, equipment and utilities.
- Serve as the University liaison with architects, engineers and contractors/subcontractors engaged in plant expansions, renovation and other major projects.
- Coordinate purchasing and inventory control of supplies, equipment and services for all facilities management needs.
- Advise, discuss and provide information to stakeholders on Facilities Management matters, problem areas, and areas of risk exposure.
- Serve on various campus committees, which may include but may not be limited to, Enterprise Risk Management, Facilities and Environment Committee (faculty committee), Sustainability Task Force, and the Emergency Response Team.
- Manage all departmental and institutional policies and procedures related to the management of physical resources for the university.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and codes.
- Respond to emergency calls during non-business hours, determine response in support of on-call person.
- Advise administration on funding needs to adequately maintain the physical facilities of the institution, and assist administration in the allocation of fiscal resources for various capital improvement and maintenance projects.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned such as special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must apply online at: Wittenberg University Job Posting: Director of Facilities Management (interviewexchange.com)
Please submit your resume online as either a PDF or Word document.